Thursday, April 23, 2015

Mothers we love : Camilla Dyrkorn from Stars in a jar



Camilla is one of our talented team members at Mr & Mrs Smith and Mclean & page,  and a master of multi tasking. 
The freshly faced Norwegian is the mother of two gorgeous energetic little kids Sophia 7 and Mateo 3.  
She's also busy running her online kids lifestyle store,




How do you juggle running your own business and being a mother? 
It’s all about balance really. I always try to keep things organised - but very often I find myself staying up long passed my bedtime. Lucky I am a night owl by nature! I do try my best to do most of my work while the kids are at school and daycare though, because when they are home in the afternoon it’s all about spending time with them.    


What do you love about raising children in Sydney?


I love to be able to spend most of our time together outdoors.The lifestyle here is very relaxed, and it’s a beautiful place for our children to grow up. 
  Lots of parks and walking tracks everywhere. You can explore the beach life or the big city in one day.
  

    






How would you describe your style?

I basically live in jeans, t-shirts and sneakers/boots. I can’t stand high heels – even though I know it makes any woman look like a million. I can never really make up my mind when it comes to fashion….sometimes I lean towards the androgynous look while the next day I'm totally in the bohemian mood. It varies – but all in all I like simple, effortless style. 


    What is your favourite designers this season?

The bohemian in me will for always adore Isabel Marant. I can never get enough! Her style is often feminine, but I love how easily you can dress it down. Some of my wardrobe pieces I’ve had for many years, are By Malene Birger and she never seems to disappoint. My absolute favourite classic wardrobe staples are without a doubt Jac+ Jack, their pieces are to be worn season after season and I just love the clean cuts in their collections.  
For my kids, I always dress them in Bobo Choses. They are a group of geniuses to make collection after collection filled with sustainable fashion, exploding with passion for the old fashioned, vintage looking garment with a twist of quirkiness. 





Photography: Jodie Mcbride


Shop Camilla, Sophia and Mateo's looks online 
or call us in store on 02 8966 9555

No comments:

Post a Comment